Payment of fees and charges
- Fees and charges due to the Office shall be paid by payment or transfer to a bank account
held by the Office.
With the consent of the Budget Committee, the Executive Director may establish which
specific methods of payment other than those set out in the first subparagraph, in particular
by means of deposits in current accounts held with the Office, may be used.
Determinations made pursuant to the second subparagraph shall be published in the
Official Journal of the Office.
All payments, including by any other method of payment established pursuant to the
second subparagraph, shall be made in euros.
- Every payment shall indicate the name of the person making the payment and shall contain
the necessary information to enable the Office to establish immediately the purpose of the
payment. In particular, the following information shall be provided:
- (a) when the application fee is paid, the purpose of the payment, namely 'application
- (b) when the opposition fee is paid, the file number of the application and the name of
the applicant for the EU trade mark against which opposition is entered, and the
purpose of the payment, namely 'opposition fee';
- (c) when the revocation fee and the invalidity fee are paid, the registration number and
the name of the proprietor of the EU trade mark against which the application is
directed, and the purpose of the payment, namely 'revocation fee' or 'invalidity fee'.
- If the purpose of the payment referred to in paragraph 2 cannot immediately be established,
the Office shall require the person making the payment to notify it in writing of this
purpose within such period as it may specify. If the person does not comply with this
request in due time, the payment shall be considered not to have been made. The amount
which has been paid shall be refunded.