Publication of the application
- If the conditions which the application for an EU trade mark is required to satisfy have
been fulfilled, the application shall be published for the purposes of Article 46 to the extent
that it has not been refused pursuant to Article 42. The publication of the application shall
be without prejudice to information already made available to the public otherwise in
accordance with this Regulation or acts adopted pursuant to this Regulation.
- Where, after publication, the application is refused pursuant to Article 42, the decision that
it has been refused shall be published upon becoming final.
- Where the publication of the application contains an error attributable to the Office, the
Office shall of its own motion or at the request of the applicant correct the error and
publish the correction.
The rules adopted pursuant to Article 49(3) shall apply mutatis mutandis where a
correction is requested by the applicant.
- Article 46(2) shall also apply where the correction concerns the list of goods or services or
the representation of the mark.
- The Commission shall adopt implementing acts laying down the details to be contained in
the publication of the application. Those implementing acts shall be adopted in accordance
with the examination procedure referred to in Article 207(2).