Conditions with which applications must comply
- An application for an EU trade mark shall contain:
- (a) a request for the registration of an EU trade mark;
- (b) information identifying the applicant;
- (c) a list of the goods or services in respect of which the registration is requested;
- (d) a representation of the mark, which satisfies the requirements set out in Article 4(b).
- The application for an EU trade mark shall be subject to the payment of the application fee
covering one class of goods or services and, where appropriate, of one or more class fees
for each class of goods and services exceeding the first class and, where applicable, the
- In addition to the requirements referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2, an application for
an EU trade mark shall comply with the formal requirements laid down in this Regulation
and in the implementing acts adopted pursuant to it. If those conditions provide for the
trade mark to be represented electronically, the Executive Director may determine the
formats and maximum size of such an electronic file.
- The Commission shall adopt implementing acts specifying the details to be contained in
the application. Those implementing acts shall be adopted in accordance with the
examination procedure referred to in Article 207(2).