Change of the name or address
- A change of the name or address of the proprietor of the EU trade mark which is not an
alteration of the EU trade mark pursuant to Article 54(2) and which is not the consequence
of a whole or partial transfer of the EU trade mark shall, at the request of the proprietor, be
recorded in the Register.
The Commission shall adopt implementing acts specifying the details to be contained in a
request for the change of name or address pursuant to the first subparagraph of this
paragraph. Those implementing acts shall be adopted in accordance with the examination
procedure referred to in Article 207(2).
- A single request may be made for the change of the name or address in respect of two or
more registrations of the same proprietor.
- If the requirements governing the recording of a change are not fulfilled, the Office shall
communicate the deficiency to the proprietor of the EU trade mark. If the deficiency is not
remedied within a period to be specified by the Office, the Office shall reject the request.
- Paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 shall also apply to a change of the name or address of the registered
- Paragraphs 1 to 4 shall apply to applications for EU trade marks. The change shall be
recorded in the files kept by the Office on the EU trade mark application.